“Pjetër Budi” College in collaboration with “The Headhunter Karriera LLC” – Kosovo, conducted a study on the potential impact of visa liberalization on the job market in Kosovo.
The aim of this research was to investigate the potential influence of visa liberalization on the job market in Kosovo.
This study involved a total of 1433 participants from different age groups, professions, and regions. These data provided valuable insights, delving into the perceptions, aspirations, and concerns of the participants regarding visa liberalization’s effects on the job market in Kosovo.
Some of the key findings of this research are:
• A significant majority of the respondents (71%) reported having monthly incomes above 800 Euros.
• Tourism is the primary reason why respondents plan to travel to EU countries after visa liberalization.
• Approximately 34% of the respondents expressed their intention to travel to EU countries within the first three months following visa liberalization.
• 51% of the participants reported no significant change in job opportunities since the announcement of visa liberalization.
• Despite the possibility of increased mobility, 66% of the respondents haven’t considered the option of seeking employment outside of Kosovo.
The data from this research could be highly important for domestic policies as well as for making future decisions related to the job market in Kosovo. We hope that this study will serve as a valuable resource for governmental institutions and businesses of all sizes. As Kosovo has made progress towards integration with the EU, it is important to understand and adapt to potential changes that the job market might undergo.